Portiacraft was established in 1982 by Harry Ioannou at its current premises with the sole aim of selling and servicing Porsches at a realistic price.
Harry took a long term view with regards to the business as he rightly figured, that there would always be a strong market for good quality used Porsches. To this end the freehold of the premises was purchased and a fully equipped workshop was added to complement the sales side.
He was joined in 1985 by Martin Robinson who is now the general manager; in charge of the day-to-day running of the business.
Harry`s son, Ollie, joined the company in 2004, ensuring that we will still be here for many years to come.
People often ask how we can sell and maintain Porsche's at such realistic prices.
Our formula is quite simple and does not need a rocket scientist to work it out.
- We own our stock and premises so overheads are low we aim to sell and maintain our cars at realistic prices so that when a few years down the line our customers want to sell or update we will not look like robber barons,
- depreciation will be bearable that is why every car we sell regardless of age or mileage has a full service and all small faults are rectified
- by keeping your running costs down to a minimum you will bring the car back to us, 90% of our older stock are cars we have previously sold.
- It is getting increasingly hard to source good stock so we do all we can to keep new cars that come in to us in our fold so to speak.
- So for the customer it means no nasty surprises and no nasty servicing and repair bills.
- We only work this way and will not sell a car as seen because we can carry out any work needed a lot cheaper than any one else, so it will would be a false economy unless you are a trained Porsche mechanic and have all the equipment needed.
The atmosphere in the showroom is relaxed and informal. The first time buyer is given guidance as to the different models with no pushy sales techniques. Because most of our customers come back to us when upgrading or selling their Porsche; 80% of the cars are already known to us.
Peace of Mind
Thorough checks are carried out on every car including HPI and chassis checks.
Every Porsche regardless of when the last service was done will go through our workshops and have a service plus any niggling little faults sorted out, we have 2 on site mechanics and all the latest diagnostic equipment so are not reliant on any third party to prepare our cars, by working this way we can afford to prepare every car to a very high standard and will not skimp on repairs, if it needs doing it will be done. we absolutely welcome independent inspections on our cars and our work.
Every Porsche regardless of age or mileage carries a comprehensive in house warranty.